Grand River Raceway will have a full house for their 32nd Industry Day!
Grand River Raceway (GRR) is proud to welcome back a full house for their 32nd Industry Day races. On Monday, August 1, they will be hosting two of their biggest races of the season in their 11-race card event.
Industry Day has always been the pride of Grand River Raceway. A large event showcasing The Battle of Waterloo (this year presented by Winbak Farm) and The Battle of the Belles, the two most prominent races of the GRR season. After a quieter attendance over the last couple of years, GRR looks forward to seeing a larger crowd to enjoy the races this year.
“Industry Day is a legacy day here at The River,” says Jamie Martin, Raceway Manager at Grand River Raceway. “The Battles create a great energy at the track and with Winbak Farm as presenting sponsor for The Battle of Waterloo, it shows the significance and caliber of racing we host. New and old race fans will be sure to enjoy a fun day!”
Post time is 12:30 pm on the Monday of the long weekend. It’s going to be a great day to bring the whole family and enjoy FREE general admission (as always for GRR race days). Industry Day brings a few “extras” for kids and adults to enjoy! GRR will have:
- A petting zoo
- Face painting
- Pony rides – for $5 per ride
- Food trucks
- One-of-a-kind GRR branded t-shirts
- Draw for 4 tickets to The Queen’s Plate
- …and so much more!
GRR is excited to have a few special guests during the Industry Day festivities. Handicapper Robert Reid Jr. will be onsite joining the broadcast team during the races. Also, local singer Madison Galloway, will sing the national anthem and give a small concert later in the afternoon on The GrandWay patio.
An exciting wagering menu including a Pick 5 beginning of Race 1 and 7 with a guaranteed pool of $7,500. Also, a Pick 4 at the beginning of Race 3 and 7 with a guaranteed pool of $5,000!
The Grand Betting Contest will be enhanced with a total prize of $500.
Not able to go to the track? In addition to our regular broadcast schedule, COSA TV will also be broadcasting the live event! View the live broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/c/COSATV/videos
Important Updates About Race Nights:
- GRR wants to remind guests that there is no smoking on all GRR and GrandWay premises, smoking is only permitted in the parking lot area.
- No alcohol in the space between GRR tarmac and The GrandWay patio. Also, no alcohol is to be brought into the parking lot area.
- Parking on the backstretch berm will be open! Betting and canned beverages (non-alcoholic and alcoholic will be available) along with a BBQ.
- The GRR Captain’s Quarters will be open for first-come, first-serve seating, there will be light snacks and drinks available for purchase, but no buffet. However, food from the tarmac or GrandWay Lounge can be brought in.
Check out the Industry Day details here: https://grandriverraceway.com/events/industry-day/
GRR is looking forward to welcoming back regular and new race fans to the track!
About Grand River Raceway (GRR):
GRR is part of the Grand family which also includes The GrandWay Events Centre and Grand River Agricultural Society (GRAS). Sitting on 53 acres of land with a ½ mile track, they host standardbred horse racing from June to September.
519-846-5455 ext 247
519846-5455 ext 399