MONDAY, AUGUST 7, 2017
• Festivities Start: 12:00
• Kids’ activities: 1:00 – 4:30
• 11 Races. Post Time Race 1: 1:30
• Post Time Battle Of The Belles: Race 10 (4:30)
• Post Time Battle Of Waterloo: Race 11 (4:55)
• Parking & admission are always free.
• Program ballot required to enter prize draws.
• Programs available at kiosks outside main building, at Guest Care Counter, at Gift Shop and at Mutuels.
• Children allowed throughout grounds, except slots floor
• Hop on the free people-mover at stops (see map in program) from 12-6.
The 27th Edition!
Industry Day is Grand River Raceway’s marquee event of the race season. It’s staged annually during a special afternoon race card on each Civic Holiday Monday (the first Monday in August). The day is highlighted by two major races: The Battle of Waterloo and the Battle of the Belles , both purses combined totaling around $330,000.
More than just racing!
There is so much more to Industry Day than just racing. This special afternoon card of racing features lots of great activities for the entire family.
For kids (from 1:00 – 4:30):
- Balloon artists
- Jumpy castles
- Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
*Please note these activities require an all-access wristband ($5/child purchased day-of) to access these amusements.
- Two backstretch beer tents
- A full card of racing featuring: $200,200 Battle of Waterloo, $139,250 Battle of the Belles, 3x Ontario Sires Stakes (3-year-old pacing colts, Grassroots)
- Enter to win one of 12 prizes valued at more than $3,000 including a $250 wager for the Battle Of Waterloo, designer purses and watches and a Kid Trax Dodge Viper
- Enter to win a $500 credit towards the purchase of a share of a racehorse with TheStable.ca, compliments of HPIbet.
- Free flip-flops compliments of Ontario Racing.
- Pick The Winner contest for the Battle Of Waterloo, presented by Standardbred Canada. The winner receives a $50 I Love Canadian Harness Racing prize pack.
- Meet ‘N Greet with Ontario Standardbred Adoption Society ambassador Ruff Me Up (1:00 – 3:00).
- Half-Time Show (after Race #5) featuring prize tosses and the 13th annual Drivers’ Edition of the Bouncy Pony Stakes.
- Good Luck banner for guests to sign, wishing driver James MacDonald best wishes as he represents Canada in the upcoming World Driving Championship. Standardbred Canada will present MacDonald with the banner following Race #8.
- Best Of Show competition presented by the Ontario Harness Horse Association. Fifteen cash prizes totaling $1,500 are awarded to the caretakers of horses racing on Industry Day.
2017 Prize Table Items
There’s $2500 worth of prizes up for grabs! How can you win? Just visit us on Industry Day and purchase a program, find the ballot in the program and enter it into the ballot box in front of the prize you’d like to win. The ballot boxes will be in the lobby of the grandstand across from the Guest Care Counter. We’ll see you on Industry Day!
Marc Jacobs Designer Purse
retails at $425.00
3-Piece Bistro Set
retails at $369.99
Portable Propane Grill
retails at $169.99
Stadium Seats (2) and Backpack Cooler
package retails at
Skagen Men's Watch
retails at $170.95
Kids Mountain Bike (6 speed)
retails at $149.99
3-Tier Garden Fountain
retails at $129.99
retails at $149.55
Rebecca Minkoff Designer Purse
retails at $426.00
Kid Trax Dodge Viper
retails at $349.99