MONDAY, AUGUST 7, 2017
• Festivities Start: 12:00
• Kids’ activities: 1:00 – 4:30
• Garage Sale: 12:00 – 4:30
• 11 Races. Post Time Race 1: 1:30
• Post Time Battle Of The Belles: Race 10 (4:30)
• Post Time Battle Of Waterloo: Race 11 (4:55)
• Parking & admission are always free.
• Program ballot required to enter prize draws.
• Programs available at kiosks outside main building, at Guest Care Counter, at Gift Shop and at Mutuels.
• Children allowed throughout grounds, except slots floor and beer tents.
• Hop on the free people-mover at stops (see map in program) from 12-6.
The 27th Edition!
Industry Day is Grand River Raceway’s marquee event of the race season. It’s staged annually during a special afternoon race card on each Civic Holiday Monday (the first Monday in August). More than 5000 people flock to the grounds for the two signature races; The Battle of Waterloo and the Battle of the Belles, both purses combined totaling around $230,000.
Industry Day is one of Canadian harness racing’s most celebrated events, attracting racing fans province-wide and beyond; and this year it’s turning 27!
More than just racing!
There is so much more to Industry Day than just racing. This special afternoon card of racing features lots of great activities for the entire family.
For kids (from 1:00 – 4:30):
- Balloon artists
- Jumpy castles
- Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
*Please note these activities require an all-access wristband ($5/child purchased day-of) to access these amusements.
- Two backstretch beer tents
- A full card of racing featuring: Battle of Waterloo, Battle of the Belles, Racing Under Saddle, Ontario Sires Stakes (3-year-old pacing fillies, Gold)
- prize contests and giveaways
- Garage Sale (horse and horse racing collectibles, memorabilia, etc.) to benefit the Ontario Standardbred Adoption Society