Ren’s Pets is presenting sponsor of the 2022 Grand River Raceway Wiener Dog Race
Grand River Raceway (GRR) is proud to announce Ren’s Pets is hopping on board as presenting sponsor for the 2022 Wiener Dog Race happening Friday, July 15, 2022 at GRR.
The Wiener Dog Race is described as the cutest race of the GRR season! Thirty dachshund dogs race in three heats of 10 dogs in between the horse races. The three winners from each heat move on to the final race consisting of 9 dogs who then will (hopefully) dash to the finish line to take home the biscuits!
Ren’s Pet is returning as the event sponsor, and they are barking with excitement! They will provide each wiener dog competitor a tasty and fun prize pack. Top dogs (top 3 winners) will get an extra special treat! Ren’s will be on-site with a booth and are excited to be a part of such a fun event.
Register your Wiener Dog Competitor today by clicking here!
“Ren’s is so proud to partner with Grand River Raceway to sponsor the Wiener Dog Race- it’s a staff and customer favourite,” shares Scott Arsenault, CEO at Ren’s Pets. “We just love being part of the community where are stores are and getting to be involved in such fun pet events. Ren’s really strives to be here for your Pet’s Best Life, so we all have happy, healthy pets as part of our families.”
“After a 2-year hiatus, we are very excited to fill the grandstand and bring back this popular event,” says Katie Giddy, Vice President, Operations of Grand River Raceway. “The local community has been a huge supporter of this adorable event and we are eager to fill our track with spectators to cheer on all the wieners…we mean winners!”
Registration information can be found on the Grand River Raceway events page. Those who wish to register their wiener dogs for the race must do so before July 15, there will be no registrations at the door. It’s a first come first serve registration process and a total of 30 wiener dog competitors can register.
This is a FREE family-friendly event with several options for food, entertainment, and seating.
- Free entry to all! Feel free to find seating on the tarmac, grandstands, and GrandWay Patio.
- Purchase VIP Tickets in the Captain’s Quarters – Don’t fight for a space at the guard rail! Private table, TV, program, and a picnic-style meal included.
- Buy a Wiener Dog T-shirt to start or add to your GRR swag collection. On sale for $20 (including tax, bring cash!) in the gift shop or on the tarmac! Limited quantity available, so grab yours before they run out.
- Food trucks – There will be a couple of food trucks on-site to enjoy. Le Chein Chaud, Street Food of India, and MegaCone Creamery will be here!
- Neighbourhood Group – Do the scavenger hunt to win a great prize! Look out for the Neighbourhood sign on the tarmac and visit Tianna for more details.
New to horseracing? A list of frequently asked questions regarding GRR race nights can also be found on the “Wiener Dog Race” webpage. GRR live racing is scheduled every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights at 6:30pm.