Grand River Raceway releases its standard operating protocols as horses return to the track beginning June 3rd, 2020.
In light of the announcement that spectator free racing will commence on June 5th, 2020 Grand River Raceway confirms that the first qualifier will take place on Wednesday June 3rd at 5pm. Paddock access will begin at 3.30pm with a limit of 50 horses at any time. Those wishing to train or school must come during these sessions, and all horses wishing to qualify, school, or train will need to enter at the Clinton Race Office. Preference will be given to the horses entered to qualify.
At this time access to the Grand River Raceway stable area and paddock is limited to essential staff, AGCO licensed drivers, trainers, and grooms that have horses in to go on that day. No owners, media, or individuals under the age of 16 will be permitted. Horses, trainers and grooms are required to be on site 1 hour before scheduled post time for the race and should not access the paddock more than 1 ½ hours before scheduled post time for the race.
Anyone permitted to be onsite is subject to the new protocols- without exception. Grand River Raceway asks that everyone review the standard operating procedures, documented in detail and available on the Grand River Raceway Website, prior to attending.
Some of the new health and safety measures include:
- Face masks must be worn, entry through the stable gate will not be permitted without a face mask.
- Screening including temperature checks will occur before entering the stable gate.
- GRR will have several hand sanitizing stations through the paddock.
- Physical distancing should always be maintained.
- The test barn will have specific protocols, and GRR will supervise all access to the test area.
- Food and beverage will not be available, please bring your own.
- Drivers rooms will be closed.
- The EIPH program is suspended while restrictions are in place.
- Initially, claiming races will not be conducted. Separate protocols for those wishing to claim will be issued separately.
- Horses, trainers, and grooms should leave quickly and efficiently after racing.
- Those failing to comply with the new safety protocols will be asked to leave the site.
Future qualifiers, schooling and training are scheduled for Thursdays at 5 pm, beginning June 11th, 2020. Noting that this schedule is subject to change based on demand and the completion of onsite construction. Those wishing to participate are encouraged to check grandriverraceway.com for the most up to date information. These sessions are also subject to all operating protocols noted above.
Live racing will begin Friday June 5th, and continuing Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6:30 pm.
For additional information visit; :