In light of the recent Stage 3 Government announcements we are pleased to welcome a limited number of Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) licenced spectators, and their guests, back to the Tarmac. In order to watch the races all attendees must register in advance of the race.
Please see the policies and procedures below;
– The track side tarmac area will be made available to watch live racing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings during the regular course of racing from 5.30pm until the end of the final race of the card
– All attendees must be Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) Licence holders, or guest of a license holder
– Access is limited to 100 attendees, all must be registered in advance through Eventbrite
– AGCO licence holders are allowed a maximum of 2 guests
– There are no age restrictions for attendees
– Upon arrival at the Grand River Racetrack entry to the Tarmac will be permitted through the East Gate of Grand River Raceway
– Guests can park in the main lot, or the Elements staff parking lot, which is adjacent to the east gate entrance to the tarmac
– All persons will show their applicable AGCO credentials to GRR attendant at the gate, any attending guest must check in with the licence holder
– ALL attendees will be required to wear a mask when checking in and subject to mandatory pre-screening. Masks must also be worn when interacting with staff, including mutuel tellers. For horse owners accessing the racetrack winner circle, masks must be worn.
Covid Pre-screening protocols
– All attendees will be required to have their temperature taken with a No touch thermometer
– The following 5 questions before access will be granted;
- Have you or someone you have come in contact with traveled or returned from any country outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing, or have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 7 days: a. Fever b. Cough c. Muscle Aches and Tiredness d. Difficulty Breathing
- Have you been in contact with anyone who is or has experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 7 days: a. Fever b. Cough c. Muscle Aches and Tiredness d. Difficulty Breathing
- Have you or someone you have come in contact with traveled or returned from any United States Racetrack or Racing Association in the past 21 days?
- Are you aware that washing your hands multiple times per day and before eating is the most important way to stop the spread of the Coronavirus? Please use our hand washing stations on the Tarmac
Any person who is provided clearance by the Security Team Member through answering “NO” to the first 3 questions and have a temperature of less than 100.5F will be cleared for access to the Tarmac. Any person answering “YES” to any of the first 3 questions, or who is showing visible signs of illness consistent with COVID-19 exposure, will be denied access to the Tarmac. Persons with a temperature of 100.5F or more will be denied access to the Tarmac.
– Once admitted to the tarmac physical distancing rules must be followed, maintaining a minimum 6′ distance from those not in your bubble
– Masks are optional on the tarmac when physical distancing is being practiced
– There will not be access to food and beverage service other than a drinks vending machine, however Spanky’s BBQ is operating on site. Outside food and drink will be permitted.
– NO alcohol will be permitted on site
– Smoking will be prohibited on the Tarmac
– Picnic tables will be provided and are not to be relocated on the Tarmac
– Access to washrooms will be provided, and masks should be worn to use the facilities
– Wagering will be available through teller and mobile betting kiosks/terminal. Attendees are required to wear their masks when approaching a teller
– In and out privileges are permitted
Please note that Paddock protocols still remain effective and only essential Staff, Drivers, Trainers and Grooms are permitted in the barn. Link https://grandriverraceway.com/wp-content/uploads/GRR-Standard-Operating-Procedure-COVID-19.pdf
Any person who refuses to follow proper safety procedures, and or acts in a manner that may increase the risk of COVID-19 exposure or infection will be asked to leave the property. Decisions will be at the sole discretion of GRR.
Qualifier Schedule for Grand River Raceway for the Remainder of the 2020 Race Season
Thursday Aug 27, 2020 @ 5:00 pm – Qualifiers, Schoolers & Training (Last Day with Training allowed)
Then we switch to Wednesday’s for September 2020 for Qualifiers
Wednesday Sept 2, 2020 @ 2:00 pm
Wednesday Sept 9, 2020 @ 2:00 pm
Wednesday Sept 16, 2020 @ 2:00 pm (last day for the 2020 race season)
Preference will be given to those that are in to Qualify. We are not wanting to go over 30 horses so that we can properly get the paddock area cleaned and sanitized before the horses start arriving for Wednesday races.
Entries for Qualifiers will continue to be taken at Clinton Race Office enter by 10:00 am on Monday.
Entries for Schoolers will be taken by calling Sue Ellis at Grand River Raceway at 519-846-5455 ext 221 on either Monday or Tuesday between the hours of 1 and 4 pm . You must register to school – you may not just show up, no exceptions.
We will continue to follow our COVID 19 protocols, which include wearing masks, to practice our social distancing, washing & sanitizing of hands.
Temperature checks will continue at the stable gate.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Sue Ellis at the number listed above.
1. Must be received by the Race Office at least ½ hour prior to the scheduled post time of the race you are claiming from.
2. Those wishing to claim a horse must be screened by our stable gate staff. Only those scheduled to race on the race day/night will be allowed entrance into the paddock (Trainer/Groom). Owners are still not permitted to enter the Paddock. All will be directed to the Race Office to enter their claim.
3. COVID 19 Protocols will apply (temperature checks, face masks, social distancing & hand sanitization).
4. When confirmed by AGCO officials that a Licensee has successfully claimed a horse, the Licensee will be granted access through the stable gate to enter the paddock and pick up the horse.
5. Have your AGCO claiming form & new claiming authorizations completed & signed ahead of time. These forms can be downloaded from the AGCO & S/C websites or you can get copies in the Race Office to have on hand.
6. Methods of payment for claim: Bank draft or certified cheque made payable to Grand River Raceway. We cannot accept 3rd party cheques. (IE: endorsed WEG purse/claim cheques)
7. HST (13%) will be added to all claiming prices.
8. A transfer fee of $47.00 will be invoiced to the 1st new owner by Standardbred Canada. Payment will not be accepted in the Race Office.
9. Any overpayment on a claim will be issued by a cheque to the person(s) who is doing the claiming.
Note to Owners of claimed horses:
10. Owners of claimed horses need to confirm with the Business Office by contacting Sue Ellis at 519-846-5455 ext 221 or by email to email@example.com if they are registered for HST or not before a claim cheque can be issued. If you are registered then you also need to give us your valid HST #.
11. Standardbred Canada has requested that all Claim payments are cleared thru them before being handed out.
2020 Draw Dates
Box closes at 10:00 a.m. on all draw days
– Draw Monday for Friday
– Draw Wednesday for Monday
– Draw Friday for Wednesday
To enter horses, call the Central Race Office at 519-482-5270
Conditions sheets, entries and results are posted at www.standardbredcanada.ca
Race Office Hours
All draws will be held at the Central Race Office (Clinton Raceway).
To enter, call: 1-800-898-7792 or 519-482-5270 (outside 519 area code)
Race office open:
Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
On race nights, call Grand River at 519-846-5455 ext 221