To be recognized as the live horse racing heartland of Ontario because of our ability to deliver an exceptional guest experience through an integration of racing with wagering, gaming, educational and entertainment activities.
Our Core Purpose
To deliver an exceptional live and participatory entertainment experience.
Grand River Raceway at Elora, is owned and operated by the Grand River Agricultural Society (G.R.A.S.)
The G.R.A.S. is a not-for-profit corporation, incorporated under the Agricultural Societies Act of Ontario and operated by a volunteer board of directors.
Grand River Raceway is a dynamic hospitality, racing, and gaming destination. We deliver an exceptional live and participatory entertainment experience.
Our dedicated team of talented individuals is at the heart of our success, providing consistently exceptional guest service. Grand River Raceway is the 2016 recipient of the Business Excellence Award for Best in Hospitality and Tourism, as awarded by the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Grand River Agricultural Society (GRAS) owns and operates Grand River Raceway in Elora, ON. The GRAS is a not-for-profit corporation, incorporated under the Agricultural and Horticultural Societies Act of Ontario and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors reporting to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).
Due to a pending retirement, GRAS has an exciting opportunity to lead our organization as a:
Director of Operations
Grand River Raceway is a dynamic entertainment, racing, and gaming destination. Our priority is providing consistently exceptional guest service. Our dedicated team of talented individuals is at the heart of our success. Grand River Raceway was the 2016 recipient of the Business Excellence Award for Best in Hospitality and Tourism, as awarded by the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce.
- The Director of Operations will be responsible for directing the overall operations of Grand River Raceway and other GRAS business units.
- The Director of Operations will lead the Management Team to effectively carry out the GRAS Strategic Plan, operating within the Policies established by the Board of Directors
- The Director of Operations must have a clear understanding of the issues faced by the organization and have the ability to build positive relationships with stakeholders, the community and the Municipality.
- Qualifications include a degree or diploma in a relevant discipline, together with several years of progressive experience in a management and/or operational role
- Candidates must possess strong interpersonal, communication and Leadership skills
- Experience in Racetrack or Entertainment/Hospitality Related management would be valuable
- Experience in Not for Profit management along with working with a Board of Directors would be an asset
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
Grand River Raceway offers competitive compensation and a benefits package.
Grand River Raceway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), upon request, accommodation will be provided by Grand River Raceway throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume in Word or Adobe formats quoting Job 1701 no later than Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 by 11:59 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All resumes received are kept confidential and are maintained on file for three months. When recruiting, we always actively peruse the resumes on file. Please ensure the type of position you are seeking is indicated in your cover letter.
Grand River Raceway is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Grand River Raceway will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jobs with the OLG Slots At Grand River Raceway:
Grand River Raceway is not the employer for the Slots At Grand River Raceway. These positions are hired and managed by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG). To inquire about these positions: Please contact the Slots At Grand River Raceway at (519) 846-2022.
Grand River Raceway Staff Contact
Dr. Ted Clarke
(519) 846-5455 ext. 399
(519) 846-5455 ext. 305
Human Resources Manager
(519) 846-5455 ext. 296
Mgr. Marketing & Communications
(519) 846-5455 ext. 238
Marketing & Communications Assistant
(519) 846-5455 ext. 222
(519) 846-5455 ext. 247
(519) 846-5455 ext. 288
Central Race Office
519-482-5270 or 1-800-898-7792
Grand River Agricultural Society